Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Makeup Addiction: A Dark Story of a Pook's Lust for Color

I cannot believe how long it has been since I have done a blog!! Shame on me! In my defense, work has been super crazy and its tough to come home and type on the laptop when that is all you've done all day at work. excuses, excuses! Anyway I have quite a few new palettes and items coming to me in the mail in the next week so I will definitely have my work cut out for me.
I purchased the Naked 2 Palette from urbandecay.com. I just have to say that the original Naked Palette changed my entire view of neutral eyeshadows. Neutral = Boring is what I used to think.... NO MORE! Neutrals are fabulous, sexy, smoky, classic, elegant, gorgeous! All thanks to the Naked Palette from Urban Decay which I probably never would have gotten if my BFF Carla had not purchased it and showed it off to me.lol Thanks Carla! Here is a link to urbandecay.com, there is a pic of the Naked 2 Palette on the first page of the website. http://www.urbandecay.com/ . The palette came out in December 2011, I believe, but has been sold out for about a month. Urban Decay just got the item back in stock yesterday so if you want it I suggest you get it NOW as in RIGHT NOW... do not pass go, do not collect $200 ...until you have this palette! Not to mention I also had to pick up Perversion which is Urban Decay's newest eyeliner (matte black). Urban Decay's eyeliners are the best I have come across, creamy, long-wearing, amazing. They are pricy but very much worth it. I also picked up a 5 pack of the 24/7 Shadow Pencils (I own 3 already!) and I really cannot wait for the order to come in *droools* Here comes Painted Pook!
I have also, for the last week, been obsessing over a new palette from Makeup Forever called La Boheme (http://www.makeupforever.com/) I am a complete sucker for all thinks gypsy and boho and this palette is the epitome of those things. Never having owned a Makeup Forever product I fell head-over-heels in love with this palette and have been sitting by my laptop breathlessly awaiting its release date (TODAY!!!) I purchased it from Sephora today and cannot wait until it comes in!!
Of course as soon as I try out both palettes I will be posting the reviews. I am very excited and can't wait to get them. I'm certain I shall be stalking my mailperson for the next week LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment